Diagnosis and Treatment of PCOS
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS is a hormonal disorder happens in women that cause forming of small cysts on the outer edge of the ovary. While why this hormonal disorder happens isn’t well understood yet as it could be due to any environmental or genetic factor in female’s body. Under PCOS women fails to release egg appropriately, might miss her menstruation cycle or excess male hormone levels.
PCOS requires timed diagnosis and treatment to avoid future incompetence and also weight reduction can minimize the risk of long-term implications such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Before jumping on to the diagnosis method, let’s first know what symptoms does it show during the period?
Symptoms and Signs of PCOS
PCOS in female body can cause wide range of symptoms including:
- Endometrial hyperplasia: This symptom refers to pre uterine cancer caused from the shortage of ovulation causing continuous estrogen stimulation to the uterine lining with protection of progesterone (the hormone from ovulation).
- Also cause early pubertal hair growth
- High blood pressure in women
- Untimed Menstruations: Irregular or prolonged, Infrequent periods happen to women are the most common reason of PCOS where periods could extend the causing time to 30-35 days or the menstruation cycle reduces to 9 per year.
- Ovaries can be stretched during PCOS and can contain eggs surrounded by the follicles
- Excess hair on your body
- Severe acne and male pattern baldness
- Increased risk for cardiovascular disease
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Weight gain in about 65% of women having PCOS
How PCOS is diagnosed at Newlife Hospitals
Although there’s no single test exists to analyze PCOS. All things considered, specialists at newlife hospitals, a leading ivf center in india should depend on blood tests, symptoms, physical analysis of human body, and many times a pelvic ultrasound to decide if you have polycystic ovary disorder or not as in comparison to another condition that can cause somehow similar symptoms to the human body. Sounds basic, however performing it and reaching to a particular point of diagnosis under PCOS is sometimes a bit frustrating.
The way toward attempting to analyze PCOS can be both time taking and baffling for a few reasons. Usually, significant ivf clinics in India doesn’t really clears about how best to treat if an individual really has polycystic ovary disorder. Does a lady must have undeniable degrees of androgens – “male” chemicals, for example, testosterone that is likewise delivered normally by the female body – to have PCOS? A few expert agencies say yes, others say no.
In a correlation of the three principle clinical associations, the National Institutes of Health rules say that a PCOS analysis has been analyzed on the basis missed menstruation cycles in women and the sign of high androgen levels. Guidelines introduced in 2006 by the Androgen Excess-Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (AE-PCOS) Society takes a somewhat extraordinary view, pinpointing that a patient has PCOS if a lady has high androgen levels and ovary damage. In the provisional, global guidelines called the Rotterdam Criteria say that a lady may have PCOS in the event that she encounters any two out of the three significant side effects: high androgen levels, polycystic ovaries, or infrequent menstruation cycle.